Monday, April 29, 2013

Our favorite piece of furniture

Moving into an unfurnished place with nothing but 4 suitcases and making it a home as quickly and cheaply as possible has been a fun challenge for me.  One thing I've learned is that stores/websites that will ship furniture to Hawaii are hard to come by!  I would finally find a piece of furniture that we really needed, passed my picky design standards (which I have learned to loosen!) and was an amazing deal only to find that when I put it into my cart on the website and went to check out they wouldn't ship to my zip code aka the middle of the Pacific!  Sigh...someone really needs to add a "will ship to Hawaii" filter to store websites.  Anyway, I tell you all this so you can understand how thrilled I was when I found a patio swing that could be mailed to us and was on a really good sale!  I've always wanted a patio swing since enjoying them with several of my cousins on my Great Gramma T's patio.  And since we live outside as much as in I decided to buy it.

Geoff put it together for us when it arrived...



 it and it's been the hit of the neighborhood ever since!








2 comments:

  1. We had a swing in the round house I would swing with Geoff and tell him bed time stories and it was a good way to calm Rachy down, Larry just bought me one at the end of summer last year, waiting for warmer weather to try it out he is building me a zen garden area.....

    ReplyDelete