Monday, April 1, 2013

Welcome to our new home in paradise!

Happy Easter, everyone!  How thankful I am for our Savior of the world and how He blesses my life every day and will bless it more and more as I learn to let Him become the center of what I do.

We LOVE our new place and it all the space we have!  I took a few pictures to welcome you all in...

Here you are at the front gate of our little community that is within Ko Olina called Ko Olina Kai , which in Hawaiian means "place of joy by the sea"

Follow the girls...

turn past the pool...

and here you are at our home!

This is the front walk that leads to our front door

Come on in!

Close the door and kick off your flip flops
And on your right...a laundry room!!! (Don't worry I'll have it organized soon!)
And on your left is the guest suite with full bathroom...

And bedroom with a big closet & huge windows facing the palm tree court yard (Yes, I am soliciting for friends and family to come visit!)


As you walk in past the entry you find the girls'  "secret" hide out/play room
which is right across from the nice, spacious kitchen!
Then there is the dining room
with huge sliding glass doors that lead out to a lanai (patio) and back yard-yay!


Across from the dining room is the family room (anyone recognize the couch?)
which has a lovely vaulted ceiling.

And at the top of the stairs you have another full bathroom for the girls on your left

and the girls' bedroom next door (don't you love how we all have mattresses on the floor for now ?;)



And across the landing is the master bedroom with a lanai off of it!












And a big bathroom with 2 sinks, huge shower and tub-so amazing!
We feel so blessed that this place opened up and for such an amazing rent price.  We have the basics now but still need some more furniture pieces and my designers heart wants to go wild with all the fun finishing touches for this beautiful place.  We'll see what I can do on a shoe string budget!  I'm really thrilled with the dining table and chairs though.  I ordered them on Amazon for a great price (love that Amazon Prime lets me ship things for free to Hawaii in just a few days!) the zebra chairs were here when we moved in which is perfect because I've been wanting zebra chairs for quite some time.
Anyway, we are so happy to be finally settling in to our home and hope you can come visit!
Love you all!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Ray! thanks for the tour. I am loving the Zebra chairs! Sounds like your easter went really well. Love you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home and place to live! Your girls looked so lovely in their Easter dresses. I hope to get to visit you in Hawaii-that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Shellie! I hope you can come visit sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely home! By reading your post, I can say that you’re pretty excited about staying in the house. Looking for a house that big is not easy and I bet your realtor found it hard to negotiate this house. Anyway, did you take out a home loan for this house? I hope you have good creditors for this awesome place. :)

    - Julio Oyola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julio, actually we're just renting this place for now. I hope we can figure out a way to buy it eventually but we'll see if that's possible. The bank may not want to sell it or we might not be able to get the loan we need or if we do, we may not be able to compete with all the people clamoring to buy these popular units who can pay with cash! But we feel really blessed to be here now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though your house is being rented, for now, I wish the bank can give you the chance to buy it. It’s a very cozy house and I guess that’ll be a perfect place for your kids. Anyway, I know it’s hard to compete with those that can pay for the house with cash, but I hope the bank will be in your favor when you finally decide to own this one. :)

    [ Lakisha Zimmerer ]

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are times when the bank can’t give you a loan that can compete with those other prospective buyers, but you can consult with other financial groups that can help you in paying the bank in cash. In cases like these, you must be sure that you search for trusted companies to be sure that they’re not loan sharks. I hope you can buy the house once the bank gives you the chance to do so. :D

    Georgia.ChurchillMortgage.com

    ReplyDelete