Sunday, March 3, 2013

2 weeks worth

So sorry that I didn't get a blog post out last Sunday!  We were asked to speak in church (in the LDS church everyone from the congregation is asked to speak on an assigned topic from time to time) and I was asked to teach Relief Society (class for women 18 years and older, held after the main meeting. Children go to "Primary" (up to age 12) for lessons and the young women and young men go to separate classes and the men go to "Priesthood".)  Anyway, we were very busy and I was exhausted and didn't get much done after crashing when we came home from church.  (Doing quite well health wise, all things considered, and I know that's a blessing from the Lord, but still struggle with the fatigue.  I'll have to write an update post on that soon because after 13 years the doctor's finally figured out what I have that is causing all of this!)

Anyway, things have been busy and amazing and stressful and wonderful, just like every day since we've been here.  Some of the highlights this week were...

Buying our own golf cart! Some people in our ward (local LDS church congregation) are moving so they sold it to us really cheap & we couldn't resist.  It's been so fun to zip around in.  That's the preferred form of transportation here in Ko Olina.

Enjoying being outside and playing with friends in this amazing place.


Watching the sunset over the ocean.

Watching a turtle swim around right below us! You can see his back sticking out of the water if you look really close. I'll try to get better pictures next time.
Another one of the turtle swimming just below the surface.
Playing in the amazing trees here...

Looking at this!


And this!

Being with this beautiful gal





And this cutie




What's more fun than a stray palm frond? 
Finding sea glass/beach glass!

And just being together as a family


I've enjoyed the classes that residents of Ko Olina can go to.  This week I tried the weight training circuit class, "Hot Hula" and went to yoga on the beach 2 times.  I really liked all of the classes, especially the yoga on the beach.  Does it get any better than that?!  The hot hula class was the first hula class of any kind I've ever tried and it was hard!  It was really fun though & I like learning all the Hawaiian terms for the different moves.  I looked absolutely ridiculous doing though so I hope I get better at it.

I'm trying hard to stay healthy and exercise 6 days a week.  I aim for whole, real (aka as little processed as possible) foods, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and seem to feel best when I do that.  Fighting off my sweet tooth is a real challenge but I'm determined to be as healthy as possible and lose this weight I gained last year while I was so sick and lying on the couch most of the time as the mystery patient.  If any wants to join me, I'm always up for that!

Love you all!  Have a great week and new month.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, it's so fun knowing you're in Hawaii! What a gorgeous place. And I'm really happy to hear you've finally been diagnosed. I wish I could put into words what I'm feeling about that, but I'll just keep you in my prayers. Sweet friend! Hope you have a beautiful day, Ray-chan. Love to you and yours. And yes, I need to be more healthy. Let me think about what to do about it and I'll join your crusade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting pics! It is fun to see the Biesingers in their natural habiitat. ;)

    ReplyDelete